Wandering Berlin

Sunday, August 8, 2010


The First few days in Berlin were filled with rain and cold weather, but that did not keep me form exploring my new surroundings.  Above is a photo of the little mart up the street from our Loft they had fresh fruit set out every day.

On the first day we went to see the Berlin Wall as a class. This is my friend peering through the wall to the other side.

We did a lot of walking in the cold rain, and I being the Florida girl I am was not appropriately dressed for the wet and cold occasion. Above is the bombed out Church left as a memorial to the war. It sits in and area of Berlin that reminds me of Time Square
The inside





This is an amazing building that is used as a squatter house. I even saw a mother with a stroller come walking out with here kids. I cant imagine what it would be like growing up in a squatter community. It seemed that some of the rooms had even rigged some electricity. Berlin is full of places like this, and there are even little mini-communities in areas the death strip of the Berlin Wall once was. They just took over the open land, they have homes, and even bars with stages to preform and bring in outsiders to make money.


I hope you Enjoyed!

!LHM!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers