Porto Bello, Panama

Sunday, December 13, 2009

This is the first of two Panama blogs. Porto Bello was by far my favorite stop on the trip, bright colors, smiling children, amazing views, and beautiful historical buildings. We were able to go see the town of Porto Bello, and the all so famous, Black Jesus, in their local church. Then we were able to go see the pirate fort, along with it's amazing sea side view. I wish I had more time to stay and photograph this place but maybe someday I will make it back. I was also able to get a lot more people photos in Panama. I love to be able to photograph people of different cultures in their own elements capturing a moment of their lives forever.



Me enjoying some H2O in town... this was the first night before my H1N1 kicked in... the start of my fever, hence my shinny glow. As some of you might not know my last 3 days on this trip were spent with the flu and the toilet... ugh
Hello from PANAMA!

Everyone waiting for the bus to come.



Puppy!
Schools out!


This boy had a pet Monkey... it was cute, but I did not touch it.
Lazy dog, and an elderly lady trying t stay out of the hot Panama sun.
This little girl was very cute, and was very interested in us. My large camera can make me stick out even more than my blond hair.
Boy watching all us strange people walking around his small sea side town.
Little girl fast asleep while her mom worked their small souvenir stand.

Our guide with the pet monkey!

It seems like there is a park like this one in the center of almost all the towns.
The kids got out of school during our visit.








The church in the background is where the very well know Black Jesus statue lives.
Part of the old pirate fort in town















All the benches in their park had tile art on them, very cool. Everywhere we went was full of color, I was in photography heaven.







The old school confessional, very cool.
There he is, the famous Black Jesus statue! This was avery beautiful church full of history.


This is my favorite photo from the entire trip, all the colors and candle light glow! So amazing, religion has created some of the most beautiful moments around the world.
The church was open to the elements.




Taking a break to read the paper.
Just " hanging around" in Panama.
It was National month, this means everyone is to show their Panama pride. Therefor everywhere we went the Panama flag and colors were displayed loud and proud.
Almost every house had bird cages hanging out side.

You can find beauty in everything, as long as you take the time to look.

A park right in the center of the city.
Downtown by the Panama port.

I hope you enjoyed these photos, because I know I enjoyed taking them!


Thanks,
LHM!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers