Privileged in Tanzania

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Copyright 2008- All Around the world Children Swing on Swings
This is the first photograph of this collection to be published!!!

Copyright 2008- youth

Copyright 2008- Unexpected Art


Copyright 2008- Streets of Moshi



Copyright 2008 - A little Goes a Long Way




Copyright 2008- The View



Copyright 2008- Put to good use




Copyright 2008- Man Made



Copyright 2008- Hard days work



Copyright 2009- Flower in Mamba



Copyright 2008- Mom will work


Copyright 2008- When Mama Works




Copyright 2008- Fresh Catch

Copyright 2008- Boys will be Boys



copyright 2008- Storm beans




Copyright 2008- Here comes the Rain





Copyright 2008- Storm Beans


Copyright 2008- After the rain




Copyright 2008- Kids taking care of children





Copyright 2008- Working together


Copyright 2008- Kids will be Kids



Copyright 2008- In Those Eyes


Copyright 2008- We all need Love



Copyright 2008- Work


Copyright 2008- When mom must work




copyright 2008- Children Play



Okay so these are a few photo's from my first official collection, Privileged in Tanzania. During college I studied abroad in Tanzania, Africa in January of 2008. First of all I would like to say that this was the first of what I hope to be a life time of trips to Tanzania, Africa. The school program was called " Poverty and Privilege in Tanzania." To me this was an interesting choice of a program name. When we arrived we began to meet and experience life in Tanzania. The programs name became more and more inappropriate, the more time spent in this amazing place.
While in Tanzania I started to think about privilege and poverty... What do they mean? Are they universal terms? This is how I got the concept of this collection "Privileged in Tanzania"

Some people can be so quick to think that these people are under-privileged due to lack of money, material things, cars, etc. It is not until one can see it is a matter of perspective, and looking threw my photographs I saw nothing but privilege. When creating this collection I tried to make the images sharp and colorful. My reason for this was to emphasize every detail of the photograph. not just the people and or the scenery, but the collective image.

Community seemed to be worth more than money every where we went. This gave me the impression that with out family and community you were not left with much. To survive they need their community, and to have this is a privilege. I hope you enjoyed these photos from my collection! If you have any questions feel free to contact me.



Here are two links to two amazing organizations in Tanzania, please check them out!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers